Finding parties in Collegetown without knowing anyone can be a challenge, and you may not even be able to get in once you find one! But with these helpful tips you’ll be living the college party life in no time:
- Come by 5:30 to ensure that the party is not yet at capacity.
- Use thermal imaging to determine what houses and apartments are heavily occupied.
- Go to http://www.syr.edu/admissions/ and apply to Syracuse University.
- Be sure to wear your “Class of 2018” shirt. Partygoers will be more friendly and welcoming to someone who just got to campus.
- Send an email to Kathy Zoner, Cornell Chief of Police, to ask her where the best parties are.
- Don’t forget ID. No parties will allow underage students to drink alcohol, but we could probably find you a Sprite or something.
- Many parties in Collegetown will advertise their presence by using crossed spotlights in the yard.
- Just follow the smell of vomit and broken dreams to track down the upperclassmen.
- Who do you know? Jon. There will be a Jon. And you will know him.
- Prove you are truly a student at Cornell by loudly singing the Alma Mater as you walk down Catherine St., they can’t deny you if you are a student here.
- I hear Tim, the tall guy in the suite over, has a sister who graduated like 3 years ago, so maybe that’s something?
- Be a pretty girl. Travel only with other pretty girls.